Although the car audio market is extremely profitable, the interface and functionality for leading brands like Pioneer tend to look and feel outdated. With recent advancements in car radio UI introduced by Tesla motors, Pioneer has the opportunity to update existing models which already come standard in most vehicles.
Based on surveys geared towards car enthusiasts and regular car buyers, a majority of consumers dont really pay much attention into how advanced their car radios are. In fact most dont care and aren’t willing to shell out the extra money towards a better unit.
Convincing both the car enthusiast and regular car buyers to appreciate their radio experience.
Current basics in Pioneer radios
- Menu Button.
- Preset Buttons mostly between 4 - 6 physical buttons.
- Radio Scan
- Bluetooth Setup
- Volume Control
- Eject Button
- End/Make call button
- Directional Pad
Current basics from the competition
- HD Backup Camera
- Fully integrated Navigation Bar
- Real time updates of Engine basics
- Screen Widgets
- Capacitive Touch Screen
- Built in WiFi
What can Pioneer do to update
- Eliminate physical buttons
- Integrate radios with car’s built in computer
- Upgrade touch screens from resistive to capacitive
- Simplify common functions like music selection and syncing
- Introduce technology that regular car buyers never knew they needed